Can iPhone Get Virus?
iPhones Are the most favourite smartphones of tech-savvy people. iPhones come out by Apple Inc, which is one of the biggest tech companies in the world. Most of the celebrities also use iPhones as they are pretty much safe. So here arises a question, “Can iPhone get virus?”. Here you will get answers to all of your questions.
Apple’s Secure Environment For Its Users:
Apple provides a secure environment to its users. Apple devices do not get infected with viruses typically(Other than some rare conditions). Most celebrities also use apple devices as they don’t want hackers to hack their devices. Apple provides a secure interface to users, but it also restricts the users from doing specific tasks. Most smartphones are exposed to viruses when we install any virus-carrying app from unknown sources. The main reason that it is difficult for viruses to enter the iPhones is that Apple does not allow non-verified or harmful apps. On the Apple App store, all apps are verified and have no malware in them. On the other hand, in the case of android devices, many malware-containing apps are roaming around.
Sometimes people download files from the web browser, which may infect our device. But In iPhones, We can’t download apps from unknown sources as we do in android. We cannot even download anything directly from the web browser(Chrome, Safari, etc). And if someone steals an iPhone, the user’s private data will be safe, and the thief can’t access his private data. This is how apple protects our data. Due to Apple’s secure interface, most people consider apple while buying a device, especially a smartphone.
How can iPhone get a virus?
iPhones are pretty much secure, and there’s a very rare chance that a virus infects an iPhone. It is very rare to get a virus in new iPhones, so there are many chances that your iPhone is entirely secure, and you don’t need to worry. However, We cannot say that iPhones cannot get viruses.
A virus may enter a normal iPhone when we open some virus-carrying email attachment. Or someone may send us a virus-infected file on social media or WhatsApp. A virus is a set of computer code that replicates itself. In iPhones, the operating systems run each application in a different virtual space. Due to this, there is very little interaction between applications. So when a virus enters a normal iPhone in very rare cases, the iOS doesn’t support the duplication of the virus. In this way, the virus may not harm our device.
There are also many Jailbreak/Bypassed iPhones out there. Bypassing or Jailbreaking an iPhone means that you are breaking the iPhone’s security system. In short, the Jailbreaked or Bypassed iPhones are not as secure as Factory Unlocked iPhones. When We Jailbreak iPhone, we get root access which may bypass the restrictions that limit the operations of software on the iPhone. In a Jailbroken iPhone, we can install applications from app stores other than the official Apple app store. The applications downloaded from unknown sources can have a virus in them which may infect our device. A Jailbroken device is very vulnerable to viruses as compared to the normal iPhone. Jailbreak is the removal of sensitive limitations enforced by Apple. Due to the Jailbreak, the software on the phone can make changes to the sensitive setting of the iPhone.
When a virus enters a jailbroken device, it is easy for the virus to harm the device as We bypass security restrictions in jailbreak. Cybersecurity experts don’t suggest us to jailbreak an iPhone.
Why People Jailbreak their iPhones?
People often jailbreak their iPhones to remove carrier restrictions. When Apple launched its first iPhone, it supported only one carrier, i.e, AT&T. So the people who wanted to use their sims from other carriers jailbroken their phone. This is how the trend of jailbreaking started in iPhones. But it is not recommended to jailbreak your iPhone as it causes many security problems.
How to know if your device has a virus?
What About your iPhone? Does your iPhone have a virus? You can check it on your own. It is easy to find whether your device is infected with a virus or not. Here are some diagnosing techniques you can use to check if your device has a virus. Just check if your phone has the following symptoms:
- iPhone may work slow. You may feel that the phone isn’t working as fast as it used to work.
- You may also face some heating issues in your iPhone because of the virus. Because the virus uses a lot of processing power to replicate itself quickly, this increases the phone’s temperature.
- In some cases, your files may get deleted. This is a very common symptom of virus infection.
- If your device uses data at higher rates, this can be a sign that the viruses have taken over your iPhone. In such case, look for an app that you don’t recognize or an app using data at excessively high rates and uninstall it as soon as possible as it may also have viruses.
- If your device has suddenly started draining the battery, it can also signify that your device contains a virus. Reset your device in that case, and you are good to go now
- If you are using apps that are from some brands which you have not heard of, then uninstall them or if you need to use those apps and cannot uninstall them, then check the permissions you have given to the particular app and remove the unnecessary permissions.
How to remove the virus from iPhone?
You can remove virus from your iPhone by following these steps:
- Restart your iPhone by long-pressing the power button
- You may reset all the settings of the iPhone.
- You can do factory reset your iPhone. This will remove all the data on the phone. But, this will also remove the virus.
- If you don’t want to reset your iPhone as you may lose your data due to this. You may restore the iPhone from a previous backup. You may get some of your data from backup. In this case you may lose some of your data which is better than losing all the data.